The Voyagers Aide Fanfiction and video



The Voyager's Aide mashup was one of my missing videos and I was extremely happy to find it, chop it up, change the tune, cast a new leading lady, and just have fun with it. I realize it looks like a collage of seemingly random clips, but for those who know the Trilogy, should definitely get it. :D

There are a lot of yahoos in this story to keep track of, but I love them all more or less...or else I wouldn't have created them.

I have recently finished my edits of the entire trilogy and i'm in a happy place now. lol. Nothing is ever perfect on Fanfic, I must be too blind to see the grammatical errors, missing words and all. I never notice too much in the word doc, but then It's glaring once it's posted. But I had some big changes to make in these, though by story 2 and 3 I had found more confidence as a writer and didn't have to edit as much as I thought. The first original story to this was posted in 2006, since then it's gone through numerous updates and now I can safely say I'm 'done' with touching these stories.

So, here is a summary of the underlying theme of "The Voyagers Aide." For those who have read this in the past, thank you kindly. You can consider to these to be "Alternate Universe" or "AU" adventures if you'd like. Bogg and Jeff's lives are not set in stone, these stories take place not too long after the final episode of Voyagers. So I created new ideas.

Phineas Bogg and Jeffrey Jones are assigned Voyager's Aides —

All Voyager Aides also keep low profiles and live in various time zones. Working closely with Headquarters, they must monitor the Voyagers on their case assignments. VA's have access to a colossal database and material goods to help the Voyagers wherever and whenever they need it.

Wicked Voyager Drake has become leader of a dangerous rebel group known as 'Paradox', whose sole purpose is to destroy the fabric of history to their own making.

The Council at VHQ recognized them as a serious threat to the space-time continuum and had at one time instituted a band of forthright Voyagers to form their own group, called, 'Pioneer.' Upon the death of their leader, Charles Sheppard, the group somewhat disbanded. However, years later, Phineas Bogg is chosen to revive the team. He meets Charles' daughter, who grew up to become an Aide.

Together, Bogg, Jeffrey and Pioneer must do whatever it takes to stop Paradox from usurping power. There is plenty of action, adventure, angst, humor, and romance in all three stories, including a dark alternate universe in which Jeffrey is trapped... Phineas goes to a time zone that reunites him with his long-lost family... and there are warped consequences for individual Pioneer members when Phineas is killed before he becomes a Voyager!

Whew, that's a lot! But it covers the events in all 3! Now that I blogged about this, I don't have to bring it up again, heehee.

1. The Voyagers Aide

Bogg and Jeff rescue a little girl in 1941 N.Y.C. and meet an eccentric old man who hold the key to bringing down an evil enterprise. In their adventures so far they 'save' breakfast for generations and Jeffrey gets abducted to a world Bogg forgot. Bogg revisits Artie's replacements and they have an adventure in the French Revolution. Bogg later has a reunion he'll always remember and the Voyager Tribunal summons him for a special purpose..

2. The Disappearance

A major Paradox occurs in the lives of Jeffrey, Kayla, Jeremy and Pioneer when tragedy strikes Phineas Bogg, before he becomes a voyager! VHQ is held captive by Lorna and Drake, while 2 Pioneer Voyagers, John Henry and Regina Sheppard, go to NY to find Jeffrey Jones. Young Kayla meets Phineas, before the tragedy!

3. A road not taken

It's a time for new beginnings in Bogg and Jeff's life, but it doesn't come without a price. Paradox is back in action and Jeffrey makes the mistake of a lifetime, bringing him to a dark place he never imagined.

'Two roads diverged...and sorry I could not travel both...yet knowing how way leads on to way, I doubted if I should ever come back...Somewhere ages and ages hence; two roads diverged...And I-took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.'


Snippits of Robert Frost's: 'The Road Not Taken' 

"The past was dead, the future was unimaginable."

"Who controls the past'...'controls the future: who controls the present controls the past."


George Orwell, '1984'

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you found this one! Nice re-mash, too. I always loved the concept of the Voyager's Aide...and then found it's more or less "canon"---I put this in quotes because it's never mentioned in the show, but the Guidebook does mention "field offices," which sounds like the VA offices to me! ;D

    What's the name of the tune you used for this one, anyway?

    ---Jake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jake! I'm so fond of this old series, lol. Since I had to change the tune and everything (The first was was removed for copyright issues) I used an instrumental of Queen's 'The Show must go on.'
    I'm so glad the guidebook says that. It makes perfect sense there would be field offices, and that it would extend to earth, Voyagers are like the Freemasons or other secret society LOL. They exert TOTAL power, I mean, they can control time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was fun to watch that video again G! I'm glad ya found it! It's gotta be a pain when Youtube decides to scratch it. I've really got to get to all those fanfics! They all look so AMAZIN'!

    And I really love the quote at the end of the blog: "The past was dead, the future was unimaginable.'Who controls the past'...'controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.' I'd never heard it before, and I think it's a great one. :)

    And thanks for puttin' the pics of Jon in the blog posts! ;) Ya can't help but smile when ya see that face! :D Just like ya said, "No one can resist his grin, No one!"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You smart kids give me a pain…
Comments, thoughts, and ideas are appreciated!