Friday, January 28, 2011

Source Code: A new Time Travel Actioner!



Was I lying when I said in a previous blog that Hollywood is really using the 'Time-Travel' themes these days? Now we have what looks to be an exciting action yarn spouting from the same vein as Quantum Leap, Groundhog Day, the most recent mind-blowing film, Inception (That wasn't time-travel…per-say) with definite shades of 'Deja Vu' The Denzel Washington Time travel flick.

The poster art is a little flimsy, Jake looks almost too photo-shopped. (This is coming from a complete and utter PS amateur, mind you, but if we have to buy these posters and respond to them, then we do have a say in them.)

'Source Code' stars Jake Gyllenhaal as a soldier who, with the aid of experimental technology, is able to 'leap' into people's bodies 8-minutes before they die. Woah. His mission is to find a bomber of a Chicago commuter train. That's the basic premise.

'Source Code' is due out this April 15th, 2011. I for one will be on line at the IMAX. I loves me a good time travel movie with lots of action and excitement. I kind of dropped the ball for a while when I missed films like 'The Time Traveler's wife' (which the ending was spoiled for me) There are other TT flicks that just don't suit my taste, but the genre is very strong and there's so much you can do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You smart kids give me a pain…
Comments, thoughts, and ideas are appreciated!