Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Legendary Producer Ilya Salkind reported Missing

I have just read some pretty disturbing news for fans and friends involved in the Superman world.
The fans and the internet are on fire about the disappearance of Ilya Salkind, the creative force behind Superman: The Movie, Superman II, Superman II: The Donner Cut, Superman III, Supergirl: The Movie, The Superboy TV Series as well as other projects like the Three Musketeers and Christopher Columbus: The Discovery. 

Ilya Salkind on IMDB

Salkind was last seen at his family home in Mexico City on January 30th, 2011.

**UPDATE: ABC News has posted live coverage and an interview with one of his friends/associates who was spending time with him in Mexico; At this point, it sounds pretty grim. Watch it at this link.

You can also read the latest reports here-
Superman Home Page

Family, friends and fans are doing all they can to show their support and are asking anyone with information to contact this website:
I had hoped to eventually do a nice post of a certain project involving Ilya once it was all finished. Aside from my Voyagers Fan work I have had the opportunity to get involved in the fan work for Superboy the TV series. Most recently, I was graciously awarded the title 'Assistant producer' on a Documentary with none other than Superman Producer, Ilya Salkind. It is a two-hour interview conducted, filmed and directed by filmmaker and Superboy aficionado, Rennie Cowan. She runs the Superboy Theater Website.
I had the privilege of being a photo re-toucher along with Sam J. Rizzo, webmaster of the Superboy Homepage, and just an all around support to Rennie as she works hard to put it all together.

I hope and pray for the best, that his family stays strong and that he is found safely.

1 comment:

  1. I just heard about the British government. It's just awful. My prayers are with the Salkinds.

    ReplyDelete

You smart kids give me a pain…
Comments, thoughts, and ideas are appreciated!