Friday, September 2, 2011

'In the blink of an eye' and 'Dreamwalker'

Tonight I had some engaging conversations about Photoshop, Voyagers and Jon-Erik Hexum with Deviant Art artist 'Ficklestix'. And I took some time to look through their work. I was floored by the talent and skill on every poster and manipulation. It made me appreciate Photoshop all the more and has encouraged me to work on some more digital creations. 

My favorite part of their album is the homemade DVD covers. They are absolutely amazing. Two of them impressed me so much I wanted to blog about them. And not just because of the gorgeous artistry of the covers, but the wonderful movie concepts created by other Deviant Art user 'wicked616'. They too have a love for Classic Hollywood and great photo manipulations and DVD covers I'm still looking over. If/when I find the time I would love to make my own DVD covers, maybe a new one for Voyagers! :D

'In the Blink of an eye' is a spin on 'The Time Traveler's wife' and it stars Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall in what would be their fifth and final movie together. I would pay to see this in a flash. Enlarge the covers and read the back description for the film. Bogie and Bacall really lend themselves for these covers because they had so many gorgeous photos together. The chemistry was amazing.




The next film is a twist on 'Inception' called 'Dreamwalker' and it stars a Rogue's gallery of classic actors. Carey Grant, Audrey Hepburn, Humphrey Bogart, Robert Mitchum, Spencer Tracy and James Cagney. I love how the cover looks, it's so dark and sleek. The back cover photos take more liberties with photoshop, but it's so cool.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You smart kids give me a pain…
Comments, thoughts, and ideas are appreciated!