Voyagers! 35th Anniversary Tribute



For years I'd wanted to remake my 1st fanvid with Bonnie Tyler's "Holding out for a Hero." But I never got around to it. Now was the perfect time. I will always think of Jon-Erik Hexum when I hear this song. It was the theme to his last show "Cover Up."

Starting today is the week of his tragic accident 33 years ago. Jon-Erik died on October 18th, 1984. In many ways he was a true hero by donating his organs to others. Although it's no doubt a very sad anniversary for his family, friends, and fans, I hate to mourn in sadness. I keep his memory alive by creating things that are upbeat, just as he was.

I know in my heart he will return young and vibrant as ever. The resurrection of our dead loved ones is a promise I truly believe in.

"He will swallow up death forever, And the Sovereign Lord Jehovah will wipe away the tears from all faces…" Isaiah 25:8a

"And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.” Revelation 21:4

"And he said to him: Truly I tell you today, you will be with me in Paradise." Luke 23:43

Comments